You are not logged in.

Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2013-10-20 02:45:36

Grendel
Beta Tester
Website

Invoking the Console

The key to bring up the console seems to be hardcoded to the "`~" key (US layout). Not sure I like it, eg. not sure where it would be on a german keyboard, it can be accidentally hit in game, and you can't remap it (the console will open if you try...) I would suggest to move it to something more exotic, like Ctrl-Alt-F10 or make it configurable.

Edit:

Scott wrote:

You can gather more information about who's trying to find who by opening the Console (~ key on my keyboard, Checkor says it's the "°/^" key on a German keyboard) while the server list is open. I'd be curious to see what data you could gather there.

Ah, "^°" is physically the same key (left-most top row.) Talon uses scan codes ?

Edit2: this reminded me that I hadn't added the US International layout yet. Now I can type fancy characters again: ¡²³¤€¼½¾‘’¥×÷¹£äåé®þüúíóö«»áßðø¶°´¨æ©¢ñµç¿ Not that I was missing them... wink

Last edited by Grendel (2013-10-20 03:03:32)

#2 2013-12-08 05:50:14

{NW}Rhino

Re: Invoking the Console

I mapped ~ to power down ><  Talon gods favor me! wink

Last edited by {NW}Rhino (2013-12-08 05:50:36)

#3 2014-09-28 21:15:25

Hypersonic

Re: Invoking the Console

With 1.0.3 I don't see a way to bind a key to toggleConsole in the menu. I copied this line from Tribes2 to the config file:
GlobalActionMap.bind(keyboard, "grave", toggleConsole);
And it works, but like toggleZoom you have to hold it down to keep it activated. Anyway to keep the console shown without having to hold down a key?

Another thing: I have to make the config file read only since Talon will not save this binding thereby delete the binding during shutdown. I hope in future versions Talon will save this binding so I don't have to make the file read only.

One fast way to quit a game: while holding down the grave key type quit then enter. A hassle having to hold down the grave key while typing though.

Board footer