Refractory Studios

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2013-12-16 00:18:52

md1053
Beta Tester

Hud thoughts

From the little I've seen by playing the demo, i can say that i almost never had the chance to take advantage of hud indicators in the middle. I think that the crosshair is too small, and the same goes for the anticipation indicators. As soon as i get in a fight, everything gets so frenetic and messy and the indicators there are not visible enough

And of course, a customizable set of indicators may be cool wink

Impressive AI though!

#2 2013-12-17 01:51:31

Do_Checkor
Beta Tester
Website

Re: Hud thoughts

Welcome, D.M. err M.D. smile

#3 2013-12-20 20:31:16

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

Re: Hud thoughts

If you're talking about the weapon lead aim indicators, they can be difficult to see indoors, but they aren't especially useful indoors anyway, given the small, frantic moves ships make in tight spaces, anticipating their moves yourself gives better results than trying to use the lead indicators, which only calculate based on current velocity. You'll use them more once you get outside.

HUD customization is something I shall explore at some point after the initial release, though I don't as yet know what form that will take. Possibly a mod template for implementing a custom HUD. Even without that, you can modify the relevant PNG files yourself if you are so inclined, though this is not "officially supported" and will void your warranty. wink

Impressive AI though!

Thank you. I am proud of my bots, even though they are still a bit temperamental at times. tongue

Last edited by Scott (2013-12-20 20:32:42)

Board footer