You are not logged in.

Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2013-09-23 06:14:03

Grendel
Beta Tester
Website

Weapons Comments

After playing the game a few hours I think some of the weapon need some tweaking, hence this thread smile

Overall we seem to run out of ammo too fast. Not a big deal in the small indoor level but in the big outdoor/space levels that becomes a problem, esp. with the Autocannon smile

The Seeker could use a bit more agility to track better, would make it more useful in dog fights outdoors. Even tho it would be a bit harder to dodge, I don't think it would change indoor fights substantially.

The Inferno seems a bit out of balance, what I would suggest is to have it blow up slower and burn shorter. Indoors the initial splash is fairly likely to kill me smile and I keep running into my own napalm after coming around from the back smile.

Edit: on a 2nd thought, the splash on the Inferno could be caused by shooting down my own missile smile Burn time seems to long though.

Last edited by Grendel (2013-09-23 07:48:03)

#2 2013-09-23 11:39:27

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

Re: Weapons Comments

The reason the burn time is as long as it is, is because the Inferno was intended as a tactical area-denial weapon, designed to block a tunnel or keep a player off of a capture point. If the burn is too short it becomes less useful as such. I'm not saying I'm opposed to reducing the burn time, just something to consider.

#3 2013-09-23 15:40:00

Foil
Beta Tester

I'll second the suggestion for more ammo, especially in outdoor/space.

#4 2013-09-23 22:51:53

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

And so it shall be.

Primary ammo has been increased across the board, especially on the Autocannon.

The Rasor Cannon got a bump in speed and damage to make it more effective outdoors.

The Seeker got a bump in speed and agility.

The Inferno initial blast damage radius has been cut way down, and the burn time is slightly reduced.

#5 2013-11-04 16:06:03

tekmik
Beta Tester

Only tried the demo but I really miss a weapon like the MD (Mass Driver) in Descent 3.. just sayin' smile

#6 2013-11-05 04:09:09

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

It's not final yet, but there is a new weapon in Beta that is more like the MD. It's an instant-hit laser-type weapon, does less damage per shot than the MD did, but faster rate of fire. So far I'm finding it very fun to use, it seems to play well with the other weapons, and it improves combat outdoors, so it's looking good. It will probably stay in the game.

Board footer