You are not logged in.

Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2013-10-04 21:20:53

Hydra
Beta Tester

Bunker

Just my opinions.

Good map. BUT, I think the map scale needs to be about 20-25 percent bigger.
Unless your a precise pilot, you just bounce around everywhere.
Coming from D3 I'm ok with my joystick skills. Not the best, not the worst.

My opinion though, Bunkers scale is too confining.

ASRock 990FX Extreme9 - AMD FX-6300 (6 core) cpu - Radeon HD 7950 (3 gig) - X-FI Platinum sound - OCZ Vector SSD - 8 Gig Ballistix RAM

#2 2013-10-04 21:27:14

CDN_Merlin
Beta Tester

Re: Bunker

I agree.  Seems the ship size for D3 would fit better.  Somehow the smaller levels in Descent weren't as confining

#3 2013-10-04 22:20:27

Grendel
Beta Tester
Website

Me thinks partially it's the ships inertia that requires more space to maneuver and partially the 90deg FOV that makes rooms look bigger than they would appear in D3 tongue Having said that, yea, we came to the conclusion it's about half a Cannery.

Funny things happen in there w/ bots, they have a tendency to go Rogue and then stick to the main room. Quite a show but hard to not get spawn killed by them smile

#4 2013-10-04 22:32:53

Overseer
Refractory Studios

Grendel wrote:

Funny things happen in there w/ bots, they have a tendency to go Rogue and then stick to the main room. Quite a show but hard to not get spawn killed by them smile

The bots go rogue when they kill their own teammates too much - it's more like they're being kicked out of their team and thus become rogue (the same would apply to human players as well). I'm guessing this suggests that the map is a bit cramped for the bots as well? Their AI does have its limits in precision and such (and they can't "coordinate" with one another the way human teammates can). Funny effect, in any case, and I bet it gets more pronounced as the number of bots increases.

Meow.

#5 2013-10-05 13:17:02

Krom
Beta Tester

This game gets dramatically more amusing if you imagine the looney toons cartoon car skidding/crash sound every time you try to stop your ship or hit a wall...

Also random fun fact, if you turn to one direction and slide in the opposite direction while holding the afterburner on full forward all at the same time, the ship will actually settle into a loop flying backwards instead of forwards.  So basically you can do doughnuts at least when flying the Griffin, haven't tried it in the other ships yet.  May also require normalized vectors be turned on in settings.

#6 2013-10-06 09:35:19

sdfgeoff
Beta Tester
Website

I like the bunker level actually. Teaches you to use the brakes!

Rather interesting is that the repair pad in the main room is actually quite safe against the bots. They simply never see you there.

#7 2013-10-06 15:52:35

Krom
Beta Tester

Another way to reduce your chances of getting spawn killed in any level is to cloak immediately upon spawning, it can help buy you the few seconds it takes for your shields to charge up if there is fighting going on in the room.  Granted it probably wouldn't work as well against motivated human players as it does with bots.

Board footer