You are not logged in.

Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2013-10-06 04:18:51

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

Beta, Demo, and Early Access Sales

Thank you everybody, for you interest and support. The initial response to Talon has been overwhelmingly positive and I am very happy to see so many people excited by the game. I have three important announcements to make today:

The Talon Beta is coming to a close

Special thanks to my beta testers. We have found and fixed a number of important bugs, and made many improvements over the last few weeks. I am at a point where I am pleased with the stability and quality of the game. Testing will continue for a little while, but I am not seeking additional beta testers at this point. If you missed out on the beta, not to worry, because...

A Free Demo is on its way

I will soon be releasing a free demo version. The demo will likely contain one map (Warehouse Arena), one ship, and the full set of weapons, and will be playable in offline mode against AI. This will allow everyone a chance to try out Talon before you decide if you are interested in purchasing when the...

Early Access sale begins soon

Talon will be released initially at a discounted price for early adopters. This early access version will contain only five maps and will likely not have music, but will otherwise be complete, stable, and fully playable. During the early access period, testing will be ongoing, and changes may be made to weapons and ship balance or other various features. Those who purchase the early access version will receive a free upgrade to the full release version once it becomes available.

Watch this forum, as the release of the demo and commencement of sales will be announced here first!

#2 2013-10-06 14:04:12

CDN_Merlin
Beta Tester

Re: Beta, Demo, and Early Access Sales

How will you accept payment?

#3 2013-10-07 00:08:12

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

We are still working on setting up the storefront/payment system, so the details are not final. The system we plan to use should be able to accept credit cards, paypal, and bank/wire transfer.

#4 2013-10-07 02:21:07

Hydra
Beta Tester

Def wanna get the PayPal part down.
75% of my payments as a consultant, are honestly payed through my PayPal business account.

ASRock 990FX Extreme9 - AMD FX-6300 (6 core) cpu - Radeon HD 7950 (3 gig) - X-FI Platinum sound - OCZ Vector SSD - 8 Gig Ballistix RAM

#5 2013-10-10 06:19:19

[TA]KrAcOn
Beta Tester
Website

#6 2013-10-10 06:21:11

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

[TA]KrAcOn wrote:

huh?

#7 2013-10-10 06:28:18

Grendel
Beta Tester
Website

I think he's suggesting that we start pasting the url all over the place wink

#8 2013-10-10 06:31:05

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

Ah. I see. That makes sense. Pardon my ignorance, I'm better with computer code than human code. tongue

#9 2013-10-14 11:20:28

tekmik
Beta Tester

FYI there are a lot old Descent pilots out there who have been waiting for a game like Talon to show up (for many years actually). I personally know several who I think would buy Talon in an instant when available!

As an old time Descent player I'm already in love with Talon. It's really nice that the controller setup options allows me use the exact same keyboard+joystick config as I have been used to in Descent - excellent!

1 suggestion:
- Add option for a smaller HUD

2 questions:
- Too late to become a beta tester?
- When can we get to pay for the early/full version?

Ohh yes btw... please hurry smile

#10 2013-10-15 10:01:34

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

Hello tekmik! Welcome to the Talon forums!

tekmik wrote:

FYI there are a lot old Descent pilots out there who have been waiting for a game like Talon to show up (for many years actually).

I was one! I was working on Talon for many of those years, but still. I built Talon because I loved Descent and I wanted more games in that style. I'm glad you like it. I'm very pleased with how well Talon has been received by the Descent community thus far. I hope more old time Descent fans find it and like it and play it. And I hope it finds a new audience as well, so that the next generation may experience the same thrill; the acrobatic dance of 6DoF combat, swooping over and under your opponent, evading his shots as you take him down in a fury of bright colorful weapons fire; or setting up that perfect timed shot to vaporize your opponent the instant he pops out of that tunnel, just as you knew he would. big_smile  Ok, I'm getting carried away. Where were we? Ah.

- Add option for a smaller HUD

Suggestion noted. I think it was Merlin who was also asking about a more minimal HUD. It's on my list.

- Too late to become a beta tester?

I'm not seeking additional beta testers at this time. I am planning to start Early Access sales soon, which will not be entirely dissimilar to the beta, insofar as I will still be taking feedback and making adjustments and improvements; although most of the functional bugs have been worked out.

- When can we get to pay for the early/full version?

Soon. In the next week or two, I hope. That's a prediction, not a guarantee; but we are working on it as quickly as possible.

Ohh yes btw... please hurry smile

smile I am. Really, I am.

#11 2013-10-20 14:26:16

tekmik
Beta Tester

Excellent! We are (at least) 4 Danes here who used to play D3 years back (and still do on now and then). Most eagerly awaiting Talon release date smile

#12 2013-10-22 13:12:03

Do_Checkor
Beta Tester
Website

Søren ?! smile

#13 2013-10-22 17:38:56

tekmik
Beta Tester

Do_Checkor wrote:

Søren ?! smile

Yep smile - It's been a long time!

FYI I changed my old nick ('swm-mick') to  'Mick' - which I still use besides 'tekmik' - needed a change I guess!

Some of the other DK players from 'old days' are still around (though mostly we play UT in private games), you might remember (swm-) Dreawus, Hiflier and Backfire. Hope to see you in some Talon game in the future, greeting to the other in the DO-clan (sorry don't remember all of ya!).

Last edited by tekmik (2013-10-22 17:40:48)

#14 2013-10-24 21:22:23

Do_Checkor
Beta Tester
Website

HAHA! Good to see ya! Talk soon smile

#15 2013-12-19 00:46:40

{NW}Slovek
Rookie Member

*Refresh*... better refresh. *Refresh*

Last edited by {NW}Slovek (2013-12-19 00:46:57)

Roncli: "Step back."
Me: "Uh... ok."
Roncli destroys his keyboard.

Board footer