You are not logged in.

Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2013-10-16 02:48:55

Splotchie
the lounge's pet leopard
Website

A couple suggestions

Even though I still haven't managed to play a proper game online (this weekend I plan to set my brother and my friend up and play LAN) I do have two suggestions:

Some more interactive map design -- the big reason I loved Outrage's levels for Descent 3 more than any other levels I played was that they didn't skimp on scripting just because a map was made for multi.  There were lots of inventive things you could do in some of the mines like one switch I remember that locked (hopefully somebody into) a room and set that room on fire.  Once they were all explody you could use the switch again to unlock the room and go in to get their stuff -- and often get trapped in there for a slow death by somebody else!  I'd like to see some inventively imagined contrivances in Talon as well as some more of the "layout only" levels you have right now.

And I don't remember what my second suggestion was.  Oh well.  I'll post it

My second suggestion was having some more game modes, maybe some original modes and maybe some of the more unique modes from Descent.  Definitely include some modes that aren't team-based.  When I thought about this suggestion some more, I realized you're probably already doing it.

as soon as I do.

Last edited by Splotchie (2013-10-20 05:14:13)

We live in a universe...                                                                    it's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce

#2 2013-10-16 03:38:42

Pumo
Pumin Mining Corp. CEO
Website

Re: A couple suggestions

Well, that sounds like a great suggestion indeed!
And you're right Splotchie/Kaiaa/Alter or whatever name you prefer lol, scripting can be also used as a great way to enrich multiplayer levels. smile

[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current progress: 56%

#3 2013-10-16 16:43:12

Splotchie
the lounge's pet leopard
Website

Right, I remember my second suggestion.

We live in a universe...                                                                    it's distracting
beware of ounce

#4 2013-10-23 06:15:35

Splotchie
the lounge's pet leopard
Website

I can't believe I didn't put Hoard mode on my list of suggestions...
Best gametype ever invented.

beware of ounce

#5 2013-10-31 09:12:41

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

Hoard mode was fun. I have Hoard mode on my list of game modes to implement.

I agree that some interactive mechanical elements would be nice in the maps. It should be possible for map builders to create such things. I will look into it myself eventually, but I have other things to finish first, like a map making tutorial.

Board footer