Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2014-01-07 00:32:40

sdfgeoff
Beta Tester
Website

Level Making Notes

To move an object:
Select the object, and click on the handles to move in a single axis, or a face to move in a planar dimension.

To rotate an object:
Select an object, and alt+click on a handle. It will rotate around that axis.

To scale an object:
Select an object, and ctrl+alt+click on a hangle. It will scale about that axis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To edit the gravity:
In the mission editor (ctrl+f11) select from the right-hand-top-pane the Mission object. Click 'Dynamic Fields' and edit the value by 'gravity'

To edit the fog, clouds, wind, ambient light, clipping distance:
In the mission editor (ctrl+f11) select from the right-hand-top-pane the Sun object. Click 'Dynamic Fields' and edit them.

To rename a checkpoint:
Expand the scriptgroup containing all the repair-pads and checkpoints. click on the scriptgroup that contains checkpoint you want to change the name of.
Click 'Dynamic Fields' and edit the name.

To make more repair pads:
Copy paste existing ones! (You may be able to duplicate the Dynamic Fields and classes? I'll have a bit of a play soon)

To make more checkpoints:
Sorry, I don't have a clue yet. Copy/pasting doesn't seem to work either.

#2 2014-01-07 02:22:34

CommandoRash

Re: Level Making Notes

sdfgeoff wrote:

To make more repair pads:
Copy paste existing ones! (You may be able to duplicate the Dynamic Fields and classes? I'll have a bit of a play soon)

To make more checkpoints:
Sorry, I don't have a clue yet. Copy/pasting doesn't seem to work either.

AND these also must be under the group SimGroup, inside another "folder" ScriptGroup.

#3 2014-01-07 07:47:05

Smaragdadler

Some very basic newbie questions about the mission editor [ctrl+f11 inside Talon):

In the Talon-Mission Editor you can transform terrain, add spawn points, landing pads, containers, towers etc. and change the environment settings (fog level, sun color etc.), right?

The big red box is the whole level area, when you fly outside of it in a game the terrain structure repeats, right?

What is the big green box for, and how it relates to the red box? What happens when one is bigger then the other?

Hangars, Bases, Towers, Stations .... or maybe Snowmans have to be build with Torque Constructor and must be then implemented in some way in the mission editor?

Closed in levels are all made with the Torque Constructor. They are basically an 'closed object' like Hangars, Bases, Towers etc., right?

Is there a way to make a tunnel (or whole bunker-complex) in a mountain on maps like Killing Fields or respectively in an asteroid on a Frontier-like map?
I think the cavernous asteroid would just have to be build in Torque Constructor, but what about a tunnel in an terrain mountain?

Last edited by Smaragdadler (2014-01-07 07:51:57)

#4 2014-01-07 08:00:10

sdfgeoff
Beta Tester
Website

In the Talon-Mission Editor you can transform terrain, add spawn points, landing pads, containers, towers etc. and change the environment settings (fog level, sun color etc.), right?

Yup

The big red box is the whole level area, when you fly outside of it in a game the terrain structure repeats, right?

The big red box is known as the mission area, and as far as I can tell, terrain is the only thing that it influences. It's size can be changed in the 'Transformation' dropdown near the Dynamics one.

What is the big green box for, and how it relates to the red box? What happens when one is bigger then the other?

Green box is what is currently selected. As far as I know, nothing happens when one is bigger than the other

Hangars, Bases, Towers, Stations .... or maybe Snowmans have to be build with Torque Constructor and must be then implemented in some way in the mission editor?

Yup, In Torque Constructor you go File -> Export as legacy diff, and put it in /talon/talon/data/interiors
Then close and reopen talon, go to the mission editor, click:
World-> world area creator
In the panel that changes, go to:
interiors -> talon -> data -> interiors and select your object

Closed in levels are all made with the Torque Constructor. They are basically an 'closed object' like Hangars, Bases, Towers etc., right?

Yup, sure are.

Is there a way to make a tunnel (or whole bunker-complex) in a mountain on maps like Killing Fields or in an asteroid on Frontier-like map?

Apparently, but I haven't tried it.

Last edited by sdfgeoff (2014-01-09 05:12:20)

Board footer