Refractory Studios

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2016-12-24 23:01:41

VertigoAbyss
Rookie Member

Expansion?

Would it be possible to add a campaign with non-player ships? maybe with different maps and a storyline as well? This game is really fun, but I think it could use a single player mode (not bots in multiplayer)

#2 2016-12-25 17:36:48

Pyro GX
Rookie Member

Re: Expansion?

Wishful thinking dude.  I think your post above was the first one in months.  I could be mistaken, but it appears to me that the owner has long since abandoned this project. 

Have you checked out Descent: Underground or Overload yet?  They are both 6DoF style games that are actively under development at this time.

#3 2016-12-25 21:08:02

VertigoAbyss
Rookie Member

Seen both of those projects. However, both D:U and Overload require a computer with a higher graphics card than I have.

#4 2016-12-28 22:08:00

PPski
Rookie Member

As much as a single player campaign would be cool, it would take a lot of effort I don't think Scott can provide. More maps would be fantastic, and I believe it is possible to make them, though I don't know how. The map-making section has more details on how to make them, but all the levels people have made seem to have dead links.

If you're after single player campaigns, I'd recommend Sublevel Zero which works on lower end PCs such as mine ( http://www.sigtrapgames.com/sublevelzero/ ). If you have Descent 1 or 2, there are all sorts of challenging single player campaigns people have made, such as in the rangers' cooperative packs ( http://www.descentrangers.com/forum/vie … hp?f=2&t=8 ).

#5 2018-07-09 02:46:45

Scott
Refractory Studios
Website

PPski wrote:

As much as a single player campaign would be cool, it would take a lot of effort I don't think Scott can provide.

Unfortunately, yeah, probably right. Also story telling is not a skill of mine.

I could perhaps manage something along the lines of "go to waypoint and destroy objective" if it doesn't require many new assets; but nothing with deep story or complicated maps. Even then I'm not sure it's feasible, and I'm not sure if what I could make could have enough meat to it to be worth the effort.

Board footer