You are not logged in.

Announcement

Version 1.2 released; new game mode, new map, misc improvements

#1 2015-10-31 06:40:11

Pyro GX
Rookie Member

Dear Former Talon and/or Descent Players

To all former Talon and/or Descent Players,

For those of you who have been under a rock for the last six or eight months, there is a company called Descendent Studios that is rebooting the old Descent series of PC Games.  I do not currently own a real gaming rig, and have tried to play the Alpha build of Descent Underground on my Dell Business Class PC.  It sucked big time!  We are talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 frames per second.  So, Descent Underground has inspired me to build a gaming rig.  If all goes according to plan, it should be fully operational by this time two weeks from now. 

If you have not been keeping up with the development of the game, and are interested in finding out more, here is a good YouTube Video to get you up to speed: https://youtu.be/O27aOIgyRkw       
In case you want to see how things have progressed from day one, here is the URL for their YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcAoqk … PPQ/videos

Well, since I really don’t know if this message will reach anyone who cares, I’ll end here with a few tidbits of important information:

If your computer runs Talon well (as mine does), don't expect Descent Underground to run well.  I'm a NVIDIA fan myself so I can't speak for you AMD Fanboys, but I'm guessing if your GPU is more than 3 or 4 years old, you probably should start saving up for a new (or used but newer) one if you want to play Descent Underground with any of the eye candy turned on.  In only 5 short months, the development team already has a FUN, multiplayer Alpha build ready for public consumption.  The official release date should be sometime in April of 2016 if my memory serves.  It looks like it might be the most epic version of Descent EVER!  It is also available on STEAM Early Access if you have a STEAM membership.

Board footer